using GDB 5 on Solaris 7 with Sun WS5.0
Michael Elizabeth Chastain
chastain@cygnus.com
Fri Mar 23 09:22:00 GMT 2001
Hi Tanvir,
> I have heard that someone might have changed GDB to do "lazy" loading
> of symbols by reading them from the *.o instead of the exe and thus
> obviating the need for "-xs", but I don't see any mention of this in
> any of the source.
That is the "partial symtab" (psymtab) code.
> 2) the name mangling/vtable scheme of Sun WS5.0 is apparently using the
> ISO/ANSI ABI standard and GDB cannot deal with it (it needs an new BFD to
> handle this? or is there a generic name de-mangling place in the code?)
Recent snapshots of gdb, and the current CVS version of gdb, operate with
the new multi-vendor C++ ABI:
http://reality.sgi.com/dehnert_engr/cxx/cxx-summary.html
If you could provide a URL or an ISO reference number for that "ISO/ANSI
ABI standard", I could check if it's the same as the "new ABI" standard
that we're working on supporting.
Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<chastain@redhat.com>
"love without fear"
More information about the Gdb
mailing list