[5.1/GNU/Linux/SPARC] Single step problem

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Wed Mar 21 15:59:00 GMT 2001


Hello,

		Ref: the attatched.

There are really two GNU/Linux/SPARC problems:

	o	sparc32

		Software single step broken

	o	sparc64

		New target

I think the main thing to worry about for 5.1 is the sparc32 problem.

One additional data point on this.  I submitted a patch to multi-arch
SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP().  During initial testing I botched it and built a
software single steping solaris GDB.  I found that it had lousy test
results.

Consequently, I'm wondering if the Linux/SPARC problem is generic and
perhaphs it crept in as a result of another change.

	Andrew


To : gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Subject : Re: GDB 5.0 won't build on GNU/Linux/sparc
>From : Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at cygnus dot com>
Date : 20 May 2000 06:49:34 -0300
Organization : Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company
References : <oraehlelgf.fsf@tamanduatei.dcc.unicamp.br>

On May 20, 2000, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com> wrote:

> On GNU/Linux/sparc, it builds correctly, but it still doesn't work
> :-( child_resume is called with step==1, and aborts because
> SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P is also 1.

This patch fixes this problem, and now it appears to work (not that I
have tested it extensively!)

The problem was that, when resume issued the software single step
command, it cleared `step'.  Later on, it would test whether step was
zero and think it had been asked to `continue'.  Ok to install?



More information about the Gdb mailing list