problem with "info shared", running programs
Maciej Kalisiak
mac@cs.toronto.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:59:00 GMT 2001
I've been experiencing a problem with gdb 5.0 on a linux 2.2 system (Debian,
using the most recent .deb from "unstable"). This is with libc6 2.2.1. As far
as the libraries linked, here's "ldd =gdb":
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x40022000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40060000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4007e000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40082000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
For some time now, whenever I run a program, right at the beginning I get
interrupted twice with
Cannot access memory at address 0x40016de0
and have to hit continue. This was a pain, but workable. I used to not get
this problem before when I ran under 'icewm', but I used to get it under 'KDE
kwm'. Now I get it under 'icewm'.
What's more interesting, I found out today about "info {shared|file}", and
decided to try it. "info file" works great, but "info shared" again
complains:
Cannot access memory at address 0x40016de0
This makes me think that this is somehow related to the shared objects that
are being used... I did some upgrades just before the first time this started
complaining, so perhaps that's the problem. Any thoughts?
--
Maciej Kalisiak mac@dgp.toronto.edu www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac
More information about the Gdb
mailing list