RFC: Obsolete TUI _before_ 5.1?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Wed Jun 27 20:50:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

Up until now I've been of the opinion that the TUI should be left alone
until after 5.1.  Given that I've dragged my feet on 5.1, I'm thinking
that the question should be re-considered.

The person I'm really interested in hearing an opinion from is Stephane
since he played with the TUI a little and got it to build.  Stephane, do
you think that the TUI is salvageable or that a re-implementation would
be better.

One thing to keep in mind is that we're (I'm?) trying to reduce the
number of interfaces into GDB core with ui-out/ui-file and ``libgdb''
becomming the only interfaces.  For the TUI to survive it would need a
major rewrite anyway.

	Andrew