Who owns gdbserver?

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 20 22:12:00 GMT 2001

No one admits to it, in MAINTAINERS at least...

I am considering some fairly invasive changes to it, between some signal
problems I've been having, more Linux ports, and threads.  It would be nice
to establish a clear owner before I do that.

On a related note, I'm trying to think of a way to eliminate some of the
crasser code duplication between gdb and gdbserver - or rather, right now
it's mostly a lack of code duplication, causing gdbserver not to work
terribly well.  The ideal solution would be to abstract the details of
managing a Unix inferior via ptrace to the point where I can link the same
files into gdbserver, but there are of course some intractable issues -
setting the shared library debugging breakpoint, for instance.  Before I
begin working on this, does anyone have any thoughts?  Is someone out there
working on a similar thing before I waste my time?