[Fwd: [patch] Fix doco for ``!'' and ``R'' packets]

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Thu Jun 14 15:39:00 GMT 2001

FYI,

When comming up with this patch I was grubbing around and trying to
understand gdbserver (gdbserver is at present the nearest thing we have
to a reference implementation of the protocol).

The thing I noticed was that, the ``!'' packet tells the remote server
to _NOT_ exit.  I know of one gdb server implementation that uses
options to control this, the options are not needed and ``!'' should
probably be used instead.

The only thing to fix (per TODO) is to merge ``remote'' and
``extended-remote'' and try to use what was refered to as
extended-remote by default.

	Andrew