GDB on SGI Irix 6.5

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Wed Jun 13 13:05:00 GMT 2001

> So you are saying that there's nothing in the file--not a single
> thing--that would allow GDB to find out if the debug info is for 64 or
> n32 ABI?
>
> Would it be reasonable then to try one format, and if that fails, try
> the other?  (I know that it fails somewhere, because when I try to
> debug a 64-bit executable with GDB built from current CVS, it
> complains about something like ``wrong version'' (IIRC).)

There must be something.  What does `file foo` do?

  Have a peak at the magic numbers.  See: mips-tdep.c:mips_gdbarch_init():

  /* Extract the elf_flags if available */
  if (info.abfd != NULL
      && bfd_get_flavour (info.abfd) == bfd_target_elf_flavour)
    elf_flags = elf_elfheader (info.abfd)->e_flags;
  else
    elf_flags = 0;

  /* Check ELF_FLAGS to see if it specifies the ABI being used. */
  switch ((elf_flags & EF_MIPS_ABI))
    {

Andrew