5.1 NEWS

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Sun Jul 8 19:43:00 GMT 2001


Hmm, how can I put this.

GDB's Pascal support is new, people will have reasonable expectations 
and a keenness to help fix it.  GDB's C++ support, on the other hand, is 
old.  Unless told otherwize, people are going to assume that it all 
works perfectly, even for the new v3 C++ ABI.

In using the word ``limited'', I'm trying to set expecations.  If you 
think there is a better turn of phrase then please put it forward.

	Andrew


> Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:
> 
> 
>> Hello,
>> 
>> The NEWS file could do with a few more updates.
>> 
>> Pascal and ``limited support for the C++ v3.0 ABI'' come to mind.
> 
> 
> Pascal support doesn't work all that well.
> For starters, it doesn't even set the case sensitivity to off in the language
> definition, for instance.  Forget about actually doing good pascal debugging.
> I noticed it barely works when I started verifying i did the right
> thing for fortran and pascal in the new typesystem.
> So if you put something about pascal, put "limited pascal support".




More information about the Gdb mailing list