FYI: mips-linux port status
Andreas Jaeger
aj@suse.de
Tue Jul 3 23:06:00 GMT 2001
Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> After some interesting toolchain fiddling, and a little help from H.J. Lu
> with more toolchain work, I've got the port in what I consider acceptable
> shape. I'm down to under fifty FAILs now, and the largest portion of my
> patches to other areas of GDB are merged in. There's a few yet to go,
> though.
>
> The known issues are:
> - need to implement sigtramp functions; they're just FIXMEs still
> - once you stop inside a shared library, you can't backtrace out of it. I
> believe I know mostly what's going wrong; I'll get back to this in a
> little while.
> - copyright. I can't get a response from David Miller as to whether or
> not he filed the assignment paperwork for the original work he did on
> this code. While very little of what he did is left, and decreasing
> every day, I believe we may still need an assignment. Does anyone have
> a more effective way to reach him than email, or know whether that
> assignment was filed?
The GDB copyright papers should be ok for Dave, I just checked the
master source at the FSF.
So, IMO those patches from Dave can go in.
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger
SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
private aj@arthur.inka.de
http://www.suse.de/~aj
More information about the Gdb
mailing list