register set causes data abort

Shaun Jackman shaunj@gray-interfaces.com
Thu Sep 21 13:20:00 GMT 2000

(gdb) set $cpsr=0x10
RDI_read: data abort, no memory at specified address?
RDI_read: data abort, no memory at specified address?
Cannot access memory at address 0x691bc13c
(gdb)

Can anybody explain what's going on here?

I'm tryint to set the cpsr register of my arm target.
As far as I understand this shouldn't force any sort of memory access. I'm not
sure what's causing the data abort. 0x691bc13c is in the middle of an empty
space in my memory map. If something were trying to access it, it definately
would cause a data abort.

--
host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
target=arm-elf