gdb doesn't work very well with dynamic linked binaries

Eli Zaretskii eliz@delorie.com
Tue Sep 5 22:53:00 GMT 2000

> Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:01:39 -0700
> From: Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com>
> >
> > I can do this Very Soon (tm) provided that I hear a GO from The Powers
> > That Be.  Andrew?  Stan?  What say you?
>
> Uh, is there any reason not to?  We tell people that GDB can support
> h/w watchpoints, seems like we ought to deliver it on our most popular
> platforms.

Agreed.  I think that having watchpoint support in good shape is
important, even if initially it won't work well with multithreaded
programs.

> Perhaps I could be evil and insist on adding a testsuite test
> that would take 24 hours to run if h/w watchpoints don't work... think
> that would help motivate anyone? :-)

I think I now have all the motivation I need ;-)

I'll be away for about two weeks starting this weekend, but I'll try
to do my part of this soon after I return.