mdebug?
Michael Meissner
meissner@cygnus.com
Thu Mar 30 13:58:00 GMT 2000
On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 04:21:39PM -0500, Elena Zannoni wrote:
>
> Does anybody know something about mdebug?
In the past, I knew something of the format. Unfortunately, the only document
I ever saw on it (other than the DEC include files) is a hard copy of the DEC
Pmax assembler guide, that I may have somewhere.
> I am trying to figure out a problem in gdb which untilmately is due
> to some limitation of mdebug.
> Is there any documentation at all about how the debug symbols are built?
The program mips-tdump.c in the gcc release, in the distant past dumped the
debug tables for MIPS and later Alpha ecoff systems. Whether it has suffered
bit rot in the 9+ years since I wrote it, I don't know.
--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886, USA
Work: meissner@redhat.com phone: +1 978-486-9304
Non-work: meissner@spectacle-pond.org fax: +1 978-692-4482
More information about the Gdb
mailing list