Another gdb bug

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 27 11:47:00 GMT 2000

I'm using Red Hat x86 Linux 6.2.
I'm using a gdb I checked out and built yesterday.

Sometimes I see this:

    (gdb) r
    The program being debugged has been started already.
    Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y

    Starting program: /x2/tromey/netsrc/java/ApacheJServ-1.1.2/src/java/.libs/jserv-real-gij org.apache.jserv.JServ Dbg.properties
    warning: Cannot insert breakpoint -11:
    Cannot access memory at address 0x404077e4

At this point gdb now becomes unusable.  I can't restart my program.
I haven't found any way to get out of this state, so I must exit and
restart gdb.  Needless to say, this is very annoying.

Tom