"Question On Usage of Debbuger"

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Fri Jul 14 01:39:00 GMT 2000

mallela keshav rao wrote:

> Hi
>  my problem is
>  i want to debug my program which is having user defined header files and
>  when i am debugging it using NEXT(n) it is doing well. I wanted to debug
>  a function which is in header file using STEP (s) to compile single line
>  at a time.
> so where i am supposed to keep debugger option for that.
> i am using Makefile for compling the program.
>
> Hope to see ur mail soon
> thank u
> u can mail the solution to mallelakeshavrao@usa.net

I can see two possible causes of the problem:

	o	Some debug formats (from memory dwarf-1)
		simply do not include source code
		information for included files

	o	given the function is in a header file
		the compiler may have eliminated it.

Perhaphs provide more detail about your example - compiler, host/target
system, ...  If you're using GCC then you can force the debug info type
-- gcc -gstabs ....

	Andrew