Hardware breakpoints when using i386 simulator

David Welch david.welch@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jul 8 19:58:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm using gdb 5.0 to debug an os kernel running on an i386 simulator
called bochs. The bochs remote stub supports hardware breakpoints but
instead of sending a request, gdb tries to set breakpoints as if the
program was running locally. I'd like to fix this, my initial idea was
that i386_insert_watchpoint should check if the current target is a remote
one and call remote_insert_watchpoint. Is this the right approach?

TIA,
David Welch