Can't configure 5.0

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Thu Jul 6 03:23:00 GMT 2000

 > I am getting the following error when trying to configure gdb 5.0:
 > configure: error: Could not find a term library
 > Configure in /usr/local/gdb-5.0/gdb failed, exiting.

 > For referenc I include the whole configure output below.

Have a look:
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lHcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no

None of these libraries exist on your system - or configure can't find
them.

Install ncurses and you're set.  Otherwise check the config.log file
yourself why those can't be found.

This is a configuration problem of your machine.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de