Need DWARF1 support (for money)

Todd Whitesel toddpw@wrs.com
Wed Jun 23 14:11:00 GMT 1999

(I'm bcc'ing a copy of this to our contact at Diab. Since money has
been offered to pay for what amounts to the integration of these
patches, I figure they'll want to hear about it.)

>    Diab added some extensions to DWARF1.
>
>    They have patches to GDB (I think 4.16) which read these extensions; we
>    integrated them into a release of our tools for ColdFire late last year.
>
> *More* unmerged patches!?!

It gets worse.

In the next release of our ColdFire toolchain, we shipped a GCC with ColdFire
specific work in it, and dropped GDB support for the Diab changes -- this was
a last-minute decision to make a deadline, but the fact remains that I have
orphaned changes in dwarfread.c, which only show up in our first ColdFire
release branch.

> They would probably go in OK - at least before the sources get
> reformatted - the dwarf1 reader hasn't changed much.

Maybe. I remember having to tweak them around quite a bit. There was a
problem with dynamic loading (which we do for vxworks) because of some
global variable that didn't get reset often enough.

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com