GDB-Protocol: Script command

Stan Shebs shebs@cygnus.com
Wed Jun 16 17:52:00 GMT 1999

   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
   Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:13:09 +1000

   When debugging both embedded targets and simulators there is often the
   need to pass across target specific commands.

This is an often-requested feature, so yes, this would be a good
addition.

	   o	encoding of special charcters
		   (should we just pass hex?).

Pass hex.  It's a bit onerous to target-side hackers to make them
encode responses, but the risk of messing up the protocol is pretty
high otherwise (and even an experienced developer can end up wasting
a bunch of time trying to diagnose this case).

	   o	security

???

	   o	the corresponding GDB command
		   (I've no idea, suggestions welcome).

There is a "remote" command already that works with ROM monitors and
does more or less the same thing.  I would suggest stealing it and
making monitor users type "monitor" instead, if there's no way to
share the command reasonably.

								Stan