Testsuite Organization Proposal

Todd Whitesel toddpw@wrs.com
Mon Jun 14 17:03:00 GMT 1999

> I'd like to propose a semi-formalization of the current testsuite
> organization, basically just reflecting current practice, but with
> enough precision to guide further additions.  The testsuite is key for

I think anything along these lines is a MARVELOUS idea.

Might there be cookbook instructions for isolating a single test out of the
testsuite and running it manually? Anyone hoping to do more than 'make check'
pretty much needs to know how to do this. I tried asking some gcc people for
help on this, but they quickly gave up, claiming the gcc/gdb testsuites were
structured unlike each other and that they wouldn't be able to help me.

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com