Code in can_use_hardware_watchpoint()

J.T. Conklin jtc@redback.com
Fri Aug 20 12:03:00 GMT 1999

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Snyder <msnyder@cygnus.com> writes:
Michael> OK, I'm going to add your lval_register change, and Eli
Michael> Zaretskii's change that rejects any expression that contains
Michael> a memory sub-expression that isn't watchable.

Thanks.

Michael> I have a gnawing suspicion that there are other cases we're
Michael> overlooking, so if you or anyone else wants to continue to
Michael> analyze this, feel free.

As do I.

I suspect that the two aforementioned changes will fix the most common
cases where watch expressions are incorrectly identified as being able
to use hardware watch/debug registers.  But I'm going to let our users
know to report any anomolies to me in the case we've missed something.

Michael> The original version of this function rejected any expression
Michael> contiing a subexpression that was not an lval -- but I would
Michael> hate to go back to that.

100% agreed.  I use constant expressions all the time.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks