Proposal: --with-gdb-interpreter=... --interpreter=...

ovidiu@cup.hp.com ovidiu@cup.hp.com
Fri Aug 20 10:22:00 GMT 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:05:13 -0700, ovidiu@cup.hp.com wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:38:33 +1000, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > 	o	a new option ``--interpreter=...'' that can be used
> > 		to specify the interpreter to use during startup.
>
> I propose the flag to be simply called -perl, -python, -tcl, -guile etc. In
> addition to this the flag should take an additional argument which should
> represent the name of a script in that language. This would allow the user to
> write full scripts to work with gdb.

I forgot to say it, but this allows one to write things like:

#! /bin/gdb -perl

# insert your favorite Perl code here to manipulate gdb's internals

Greetings,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>
http://andromeda.cup.hp.com/  (inside HP's firewall only)