What's with all the Cisco stuff?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Sun Aug 15 23:47:00 GMT 1999

Jim Blandy wrote:

> The problem with the Cisco changes is that they're just sort of mixed
> in with the remote stuff (among other things), which ought to be
> staying really simple.  When I want to understand how remote.c works,
> I need to read the Cisco stuff just to reassure myself that it isn't
> relevant.  Is everyone prepared to jump into remote.c for a contract,
> now that it's grown from 3500 lines (June 6) to 5240 lines (Aug 5)?

Just to expand on this a little.  Two things caused remote.c to expand.
The more important one was that I recommending to Elena that a patch
adding the targets ``async'' and ``extended-async'' be committed.

In the future those targets will be absorbed into more familar
``remote'' and ``extended-remote''.

	enjoy,
		Andrew