Problem with compiling gdb-980122
arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com
arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com
Wed Jan 28 14:18:00 GMT 1998
Hi !
I downloaded the 01.22.98 snapshot of gdb, and during linking phase I get
the following error:
gcc -g -O2 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -o gdb init.o [some object
files and libs] ../libiberty/libiberty.a
ld: fatal: entry point symbol `xport-dynamic' is undefined
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gdb'
Apparently the Sun linker interprets the "-e" part of "-export-dynamic"
passed to it via -Xlinker as one of
its arguments (entry point) and gets confused when trying to interpret the
rest of the string as an entry point.
Is this a problem in the configure script (a problem like assuming gnu
linker ?) or am I missing something ?
Or should I use gnu's linker / assembler ?
What would you suggest for fixing it ? I linked the gdb by removing the
Xlinker portion from the command line,
but I do not like this solution...
Thanking you in advance,
Arifi Koseoglu
arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com
More information about the Gdb
mailing list