gdb-4.16.85: Corrupt GDB built with native make on Solaris and Digital Unix

Peter.Schauer Peter.Schauer@Regent.E-Technik.TU-Muenchen.DE
Mon Feb 9 12:11:00 GMT 1998

This change:

Fri Aug 15 20:53:13 1997  Ian Lance Taylor  <ian@cygnus.com>

	* Makefile.in (init.c): Don't use xargs.

causes a corrupt GDB to be built when using native make under Solaris
or Digital Unix.
The generated init.c is missing many initialization functions, only the first
two are there.

Sorry, I had no time to investigate the cause of the failure, but reverting
the change above gets rid of the problem.

If we can't get it fixed for gdb-4.17, we should add a note in gdb/README
that GNU make has to be used on these systems.

--
Peter Schauer			pes@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de