Any way to avoid inserting & removing breakpoints?

J.T. Conklin jtc@RedBackNetworks.com
Mon Dec 14 17:26:00 GMT 1998

I finished my breakpoint extensions prototype, and discovered that GDB
inserts all enabled breakpoints when program execution is resumed, and
removes them when it regains control.

Although I'm not surprised by this behavior, it would be preferable if
the target itself was responsible for managing, inserting and removing
breakpoints.  Then a lot of the traffic on the debugging channel could
be avoided.  I didn't see anything in the GDB source that suggests
this is possible; but I'm hoping I'm missing something.

	--jtc