breakpoint extension for remote protocol

J.T. Conklin jtc@RedBackNetworks.com
Fri Dec 11 14:30:00 GMT 1998

> Although I noticed the parallelism of the existing commands g/G, m/M,
> and I recently proposed p to compliment P; I used B/D instead of b/B
> because inserting and removing breakpoints don't have quite the same
> type of symmetry as reading and writing memory or registers.  A read
> command doesn't change the state of the target, while removing a
> breakpoint certainly does.

FYI,

While re-reading the protocol spec described in remote.c, I discovered
the existing 'D' (detach) command, so I'm now using 'b' instead of 'D'
for removing break/watchpoints.

> One issue with 'b' is that it's used in the sparc* stubs to set the
> baud rate of the connection.  That code has been #ifdef'd out with
> the comment "Disabled until we can unscrew this properly", so we may
> be able to simply junk that.

	--jtc

J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks