c++/2261: Segmentation fault on print

Frank Schmitt ich@frank-schmitt.net
Mon May 14 14:08:00 GMT 2007

The following reply was made to PR c++/2261; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
Cc: tonne2005@gehheimdienst.de,  gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: c++/2261: Segmentation fault on print
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:46:09 +0200

 Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

 > On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:52:43PM -0000, tonne2005@gehheimdienst.de wrote:
 >> >Release:        6.5-15.fc6rh
 >
 > Could you try this on an FSF version of GDB?  Otherwise, you may have
 > to report this to Red Hat; for me the command fails like this instead:
 >
 > (gdb) p s="bar"
 > Invalid cast.
 >
 > It may be that Red Hat added support for this and there's a problem
 > with the patch.

 I'll try this, however I was able to reproduce the segmentation fault in
 gdb on two other machines, too.

 The first machine is running Debian with
 g++ (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)
 GNU gdb 6.3-debian

 the other Suse with
 g++ (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
 GNU gdb 6.5

 Frank

 [first message wasn't delivered as the mailinglist software thought it
 was spam, trying again without the signature, maybe it helps]