symtab/2254: Symbol loading in GDB too slow

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire@gmx.net
Sun May 13 21:18:00 GMT 2007

The following reply was made to PR symtab/2254; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas McGuire <thomas.mcguire@gmx.net>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: symtab/2254: Symbol loading in GDB too slow
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 23:15:00 +0200

 > I would be reluctant to debug KDE on something with <1GB RAM.
 I today upgraded from 384 MB RAM to 2GB RAM and from 1.8GHz to 2x3.4GHz and
 the difference is like night and day. Previously, starting KMail in GDB took
 maybe 5 minutes, now it is down to a ~15 seconds. really incredible.
 Still, symbol loading takes the most (allmost all) time of starting.

 But anyway, this problem here now does not affect me anymore :)