gdb/2225: Set architecture reports options that will not work

drow@false.org drow@false.org
Thu Feb 8 21:08:00 GMT 2007

>Number:         2225
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       Set architecture reports options that will not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Feb 08 21:08:01 GMT 2007
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     drow@false.org
>Release:        CVS 2007-02-08
Mark wrote in http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-01/msg00339.html:

  warning: A handler for the OS ABI "OpenBSD ELF" is not built into this
  configuration of GDB.  Attempting to continue with the default i386:x86-64
  settings.

  So the problem here is that "set architecture" says it supports
  i386:x86-64, but GDB actually doesn't.  I expect this to occur on
  other native configurations too, at least those that set a default OS
  ABI.

  Not sure how we should fix this.  We really shouldn't advertise the
  x86-64 variants if we don't support any 64-bit ABI, but doing so is a
  tad bit difficult because this list comes directly from BFD.  So
  perhaps the test should be KFAIL'ed for now?

I'm not sure what the right thing is either, so I am disabling the test if this condition is detected.