pascal/2222: Impossible to debug FreePascal programs on AMD64 Linux

muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Feb 5 16:57:00 GMT 2007

Synopsis: Impossible to debug FreePascal programs on AMD64 Linux

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->muller
Responsible-Changed-By: muller
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Feb  5 16:57:20 2007
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Pascal specific bug
State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
State-Changed-By: muller
State-Changed-When: Mon Feb  5 16:57:20 2007
State-Changed-Why:
    From the reading of the notes of the Free Pascal
    bug database, I conclude that there is no real
    solution to this problem.
      I suppose that other languages also refrain from using
    stabs on 64bit architectures for the same reason.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=2222