varobj/2219: Attempt to extract a component of a value that is a structure.

sloughran@Gmail.com sloughran@Gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 20:18:00 GMT 2007


>Number:         2219
>Category:       varobj
>Synopsis:       Attempt to extract a component of a value that is a structure.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 15 20:18:01 GMT 2007
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     sloughran@Gmail.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Organization:
>Environment:
Unix/SlickEdit. 
>Description:
I am using SlickEdit 10 and 6.3 When I add a variable within a class to the watch list I get the error: "Attempt to extract a component of a value that is a structure."

When I turned on debugging logging, I saw that the error was generated by GDB. 

I saw that 6.6 has been released, but getting things upgraded is a pain around here and I want to make sure this fixes the problem before I start the process of doing it. 
>How-To-Repeat:
Create a class with member variabels. Then use them in another program like 

class1_g.tempvar = class2_g.tempvar3

and try to watch class1_g.tempvar
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



More information about the Gdb-prs mailing list