java/2215: GDB misformats method types with GCJ 4.1.

drow@false.org drow@false.org
Sun Dec 31 19:38:00 GMT 2006

>Number:         2215
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       GDB misformats method types with GCJ 4.1.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Dec 31 19:38:01 GMT 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     drow@false.org
>Release:        CVS 2006-12-31
>Environment:

GCJ 4.x includes return types in mangled method names, and displays them postfix.  GDB uses demangled names in ptype output.  The result is this strange looking construct:

type = class jmisc  extends java.lang.Object {

    void main(java.lang.String[])void;
    jmisc();
}

The return type is printed both before and after.  I have been working occasionally on patches which stop the use of the demangler for printing method signatures; that will fix this.