c++/2208: Checkpoints not saved on restart

uri@4refs.com uri@4refs.com
Mon Dec 4 16:38:00 GMT 2006

>Number:         2208
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Checkpoints not saved on restart
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Dec 04 16:38:01 GMT 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     uri@4refs.com
>Release:        gdb-6.5
A checkpoint is lost when restarting it. Forks and checkpoints aren't identical though they are close clearly. I expect that when restoring a checkpoint the checkpoint doesn't move. When switching to another checkpoint the main process should be deleted. A new main process could be created from the current checkpoint.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. set 2 breakpoint and run to first
2. "checkpoint"
3. "continue"
4. "restart 1"
5. "continue"
6. "info checkpoints"

Notice how checkpoint 1 has moved to the second breakpoint.