web/2068: www.gnu.org/software/gdb states 6.3 as the latest gdb release

stefan.puiu@gmail.com stefan.puiu@gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:58:00 GMT 2006

>Number:         2068
>Category:       web
>Synopsis:       www.gnu.org/software/gdb states 6.3 as the latest gdb release
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jan 11 13:58:01 GMT 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     stefan.puiu@gmail.com
>Release:        gdb 6.4
A while ago (~ 1 month) I wanted to build a newer version of gdb and checked the website for the latest version. However, it was confusing that the website stated that 6.3 was the latest release, while on the ftp site I saw that 6.4 was available for download (and had been announced on the gdb-announce mailing list). This is kind of funny, especially since 6.4 was released a month ago, a minimal note on the webpage shouldn't take that long.

Not to mention that if users trust the website and don't check the ftp site, they would get the older version.
Open www.gnu.org/software/gdb in a browser.