symtab/2005: info line seems to crash in gdb 6.3

Sven Krueger sven.krueger@delair.de
Mon Sep 19 06:48:00 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR symtab/2005; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sven Krueger <sven.krueger@delair.de>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, nobody@sources.redhat.com,
	sk1@delair.de
Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
Subject: Re: symtab/2005: info line seems to crash in gdb 6.3
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:02:39 +0200

 > Have you reproduced this with gdb built from source, rather than:

 > > GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.21rh)

 > patched by Red Hat?

 > Because I can't reproduce this using Debian's gdb 6.3 packages, or a
 > HEAD CVS build.

 I've tried to reproduce it with the cvs head and you're right: it is a Red
 Hat / Fedore Problem. The head revision works fine.
 With this knownledge, I've searched Red Hat's bugzilla database and found
 entry 164150. The entry describes the bug with exactly the same behavior as I
 did in this entry.
 I'm very sorry, that I haven't found that bugzilla entry before :-(
 Thank you very much for your support and please close this entry.

 --
  Thanks again and good bye

  Sven Krueger