remote/1966: trust-readonly-sections does not work

pkoning@equallogic.com pkoning@equallogic.com
Tue Jul 5 21:18:00 GMT 2005

>Number:         1966
>Category:       remote
>Synopsis:       trust-readonly-sections does not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jul 05 21:18:02 UTC 2005
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     pkoning@equallogic.com
>Release:        gdb 6.3, gdb-current (7/5/2005), gdb 6.1
When doing remote debugging over a serial line, I use "set trust-readonly-sections on" for obvious reasons.

In gdb 6.3 and in the current CVS, this does not work.  "set debug remote 1" clearly shows data still being fetched from the target -- for example, when I ask it to disassemble some function.

It did work back in gdb 5.3 (which is the only non-V6 version for which I have a test binary lying around).