breakpoints/1946: Pthread application got killed when hits the breakpoint

aksaluja@yahoo.com aksaluja@yahoo.com
Fri May 20 09:38:00 GMT 2005

>Number:         1946
>Category:       breakpoints
>Synopsis:       Pthread application got killed when hits the breakpoint
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          patch
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 20 09:38:01 UTC 2005
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Amit C Kr Saluja
>Release:        GDB 4.17 Vs GDB 6.3
Hi
We are debugging multithreaded application using GDB 6.3.

Problem: The application got killed when it hits the breakpoint. We are using SIGSTOP & SIGCONT for thread handling. There is one more error come SIG32 while application runs under GDB.

I have seen th HJ Lu patch for GDB 4.17 release. When use that patch over 4.17, it says Unknown signal handling and get into some state and never comes out of it.

Is that kind of patch is available for GDB 6.3 ?
Or
Can we apply those some 11 file changes in GDB 6.3?

Any Help (we are into soup)?

Thanks & Regards
Amit C Kr Saluja