gdb/240: async readline key binding oddity

tromey@redhat.com tromey@redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 14:48:00 GMT 2001

>Number:         240
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       async readline key binding oddity
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Nov 05 14:48:00 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
>Release:        current cvs head
I've found a situation where the async gdb readline
bindings don't work like I expect.  This particular sequence
works fine in bash, and it works fine with `gdb --noasync'.

Run `gdb -nw'.
At the first prompt, type `p 1 RET'.
Now type `C-r p RET'
This is a reverse-isearch for the `p' command.
Note that the RET doesn't seem to take effect.

Finally type `C-a' (or any other character).
You can finally see the results of the RET!