gdb/256: cannot print values of some integer class members

mprisco@ubspw.com mprisco@ubspw.com
Thu Oct 25 11:38:00 GMT 2001

>Number:         256
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       cannot print values of some integer class members
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Dec 13 06:18:00 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Marc Prisco
>Release:        gdb-5.1
Occasionally, whenever I try to print the value of an integer
I receive the following:

(gdb) p widestRow
Value can't be converted to integer.

where widestRow in a rpivate integer member of report.
Unfortunately, whenever I try to isolate problem into
a smaller test program, this behavior ceases.

When I look at gdb in the debugger, I see the message is
generated in values.c:659.  Interestingly
there code is TYPE_CODE_STRUCT.  Although I don't see the
problem this doesn't seem quite right.