gdb/49

Mark Kettenis kettenis@science.uva.nl
Thu May 3 09:48:00 GMT 2001

The following reply was made to PR gdb/49; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@science.uva.nl>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, kettenis@gnu.org, wtw@netapp.com
Subject: Re: gdb/49
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:39:36 +0200 (MET DST)

 I'm afraid I must dissappoint you.  The linux-threads has been
 replaced by lin-threads for a reason: It's a maintenance nightmare,
 since it had to be updated for every new release of the LinuxThreads
 library.  And maintaining two versions of code that provides similar
 functionality (from the view of an ordinary Linux developer) is
 considered a waste of effort.  So I don't think any of the regular GDB
 hackers is willing to put any time in reviving the linux-threads
 code.  Of course you're free to work on the code yourself, and if the
 changes look reasonable and are not too intrusive I'm willing to
 check them in for you.  But I must warn you beforehand that I'm not
 likely to include any changes for a home-grown threads library.  Such
 changes are best kept in a local patch.

 Mark