[PATCH] Remove obsolete TARGET_WAITKIND_SIGNALLED comment.
Fri Oct 26 18:50:00 GMT 2012
Twelve years have passed since this comment was added, at
There's no way it could ever be useful nowadays. On the contrary,
it's just confusing for newcomers. I remember it confused me.
Time to zap it. Applied.
2012-10-26 Pedro Alves <email@example.com>
* infrun.c (handle_inferior_event) <TARGET_WAITKIND_SIGNALLED>:
gdb/infrun.c | 5 -----
1 file changed, 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/gdb/infrun.c b/gdb/infrun.c
index eb97c52..5479486 100644
@@ -3406,11 +3406,6 @@ handle_inferior_event (struct execution_control_state *ecs)
stop_print_frame = 0;
target_terminal_ours (); /* Must do this before mourn anyway. */
- /* Note: By definition of TARGET_WAITKIND_SIGNALLED, we shouldn't
- reach here unless the inferior is dead. However, for years
- target_kill() was called here, which hints that fatal signals aren't
- really fatal on some systems. If that's true, then some changes
- may be needed. */
More information about the Gdb-patches