[RFA] Patch to imported readline to allow DJGPP build

Eli Zaretskii eliz@elta.co.il
Tue Dec 30 06:16:00 GMT 2003


> From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:32:44 -0500
> 
> I remember having exchanged some mail with Chet and you about this,
> but I don't remember the outcome. I can't find anything in my old mbox
> either.  The readline in our tree includes some patches on top of pure
> 4.3.  One of the patches is this one, which I kept from the previous
> version:
> 
> 2000-07-10  Eli Zaretskii  <eliz@is.elta.co.il>

Oh, I see now: you've patched readline 4.3 with my patches from an
older version.

> Other changes are those listed in ChangeLog.gdb. You can do a diff
> with a pristine 4.3 readline.

I did both, but still couldn't figure out the issue, since there were
clearly changes that didn't come from any of these two sources.

> There are some other local changes that I keep integrating at each
> import.  I should probably have specified that in the changelog
> entry at the time.

Yes, a good idea, IMHO.

> You changes are OK.

Thanks, I will commit them shortly.

> I think you should audit the current diffs, though, to see if they
> are all still needed for DJGPP.

I did that, and they are.

(There was a plan to have a termcap library for DJGPP that would
eliminate the need for those ugly hacks, but I don't have time to
carry it over, not just yet.)

> On top of that there are some 'official' patches that are advertised
> on the readline home page, which I have not merged. 

Looked at those as well as part of my attempts to understand what
happened.  AFAICS, some of those patches (or their close equivalents)
are already in GDB's repository.

Thanks again.



More information about the Gdb-patches mailing list