[PATCH] New port m32r-linux target.
Thu Dec 18 17:54:00 GMT 2003
> This patch is ..
> Support PIC and m32r-linux target.
I am sorry, but this patch is not quite ready for committing. There
are a couple of small problems with it:
* What is the purpose of the USE_M32R_OLD_RELOC define ? It
appears to be tested at several places in the code, but it is
never set anywhere.
* The patch introduces 6 new failures in the GAS testsuite,
(m32r/allinsn, m32r/high-1, m32r/relax-1, m32r/uppercase,
m32r/m32rx and vtable/entry0). These must be fixed.
* It should update guess_is_rela() in binutils/readelf.c to default
to RELA type relocations for the M32R.
* The gas/NEWS and ld/NEWS files should be updated to mention the
support for the new m32r-linux target.
* The patch appears to introduce little-endian versions of the m32r
target vectors, but you did not mention this in your covering
email. Is this new feature intentional ? If so, it ought to be
explicitly covered in the relevant ChangeLog entries and also
mentioned in the NEWS files as well.
More information about the Gdb-patches