strip looses original file ownership and file permissions

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Thu May 6 11:43:00 GMT 1999

At 20:03 06.05.99 , Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>    I think my patch produces the behavior that the comments are suggesting.
>    The old code was bogus anyway, cause it tried to chmod/chown "to" after
>    rename with values from a non-existing (exists != 0, this is really a
>    bad-named variable, it's named the opposite of it's meaning) file.
>
>You're right.  I applied the appended patch, which I think should fix
>the problem.

Ok, this works fine, thanks.

Btw, have you ever looked at the patch in
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gas2/1999/msg00041.html ? Is it the correct
fix for the make check FAIL on powerpc-linux-gnu?

Franz.