[cygnus.gas2] binutils bug: config.guess

Carlo Wood carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 5 08:17:00 GMT 1999

| > Or just do:
| > 	(cd /; ld)
| > Remember: (CMD) runs CMD in a sub-shell.
|
| Silly me.  Thanks,
|
| Ben

I'd suggest to do that where you detect the path to ld:

	ld_exec=`(cd /; which ld)`

After all, the problem is in `which', not in the normal
shell search.

[ proof:

~/tmp>ls -ld ld
drwxr-xr-x   2 carlo    users        1024 Apr  5 15:55 ld/
~/tmp>ld -V
GNU ld version 2.9.1 (with BFD 2.9.1.0.15)
  Supported emulations:
   elf_i386
   i386linux

]

I already mailed to Ben, I intend to rewrite `which' so
it behaves the same as the shell search (ie, will skip
directories).

I suppose that

    if (!access(test, X_OK) && !stat(test, &m))
      found = S_ISREG(m.st_mode);

will do?

[ Now it just does the access(test, X_OK) ].

I suppose the main problem will be to get
everyone to upgrade their `which' ;).

--
 Carlo Wood  <carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl>

PS dkl@redhat.com : reference, bug #1998