.eh_frame problem

Mark E. snowball3@usa.net
Wed Mar 3 07:17:00 GMT 1999

> Could somebody from binutils read the thread archived at
> http://egcs.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-patches/1999-02/msg00547.html . It's
> a thread about a padding problem with .eh_frame and at least DJGPP.
> According to the egcs folks, this problem needs to be solved in gas. Are
> they right?

I forgot to mention DJGPP (i[34567]-pc-msdosdjgpp) uses COFF.
I wonder if .eh_frame should be given flagged like a data section (like
.edata and others are) in sec_to_stype_flags and in
style_to_sec_flags. Then wouldn't .eh_frame be padded with 0x0
instead of 0x90 (NOP) as it currently is?

Mark

---
Mark Elbrecht
snowball3@usa.net http://members.xoom.com/snowball3/