GNU Linker and mips...

Ian Lance Taylor ian@cygnus.com
Thu Feb 11 08:20:00 GMT 1999

   Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:00:02 +0530
   From: "Koundinya.K" <kk@ddeorg.soft.net>

	   /* Note that since the MIPS ABI doesn't provide a means for passing
	    * lm from the stub routines, so we must get this information
	    * someplace else.  Here we just start with the head of the list
	    * which is stored in the global variable _ld_loaded.  This may
	    * not be correct for objects which have DT_SYMBOLIC set.
	    * FIXME!
	    */
	   lm = _rt_address_to_lm(_ld_loaded,pc);

Can you find out what _ld_loaded is initialized to?

   But how and why is it happening , I could not think.

It looks like your dynamic linker expects some sort of structure which
the GNU linker is not setting up.

   Could there be any problems with the start up file like crti, crt1 and crtn used.

I doubt it.

   Could using the crtbegin and crtend help. Why don't the MIPS targets use them..

I doubt this would make any difference either.  The Irix targets don't
use crtbegin and crtend because the Irix linker has another mechanism
for ensuring that the global constructors will run.  Your target may
need crtbegin and crtend, but using them won't fix the problem you are
encountering.

Ian