GNU linker on mips

ralf@uni-koblenz.de ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Thu Feb 4 19:11:00 GMT 1999

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 09:37:17PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I don't know of any system which uses a zero value for __start.  Most
> systems protect the zero page to catch null pointer dereferences.  Why
> do you expect __start to be zero?  What sorts of problems are you
> seeing?

Sorry, braino on my side.  I meant SHLIB_TEXT_START_ADDR, not __start.  MIPS
systems typically use 0x5ffe0000, not zero and that triggered kernel bugs,
glibc bugs and some undesireable behaviour in the Linux kernel, glibc dynamic
linker and others I forgot.  It did not trigger any bfd / gas / binutils bugs.

  Ralf