DT_SYMBOLIC and -Bsymbolic

Eric Youngdale eric@aib.com
Mon Jun 19 14:54:00 GMT 1995

On Jun 19, 10:58am, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Subject: Re: DT_SYMBOLIC and -Bsymbolic
> >
> > On Jun 19,  9:58am, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > > Subject: DT_SYMBOLIC and -Bsymbolic
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Do the current binutils snapshots and the Linux ELF dynamic
> > > linker support DT_SYMBOLIC? It should be easy to add -Bsymbolic
> > > to ld. The Linux ELF dynamic linker just needs to check the
> > > presence of DT_SYMBOLIC in the shared library to control the
> > > symbol binding. It is specified in the ELF doc, ELF.doc.tar.gz,
> > > on tsx-11 and sunsite in the linux gcc directory

	OK, I have patches to add this.  I basically assumed that all
that we needed to do was to translate -Bsymbolic on the link line into
DT_SYBMOLIC in the .dynamic section, and nothing more than that.  I tested
it with a small example, and it seemed to work.

-Eric

--
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."