Lxx vs .Lxxx - gcc vs gas

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Sat Jun 17 14:58:00 GMT 1995

[Be careful when replying; this was sent to two mailing lists - DJ]

There are two types of "local" labels used by gcc and gas:

(1)	Lfoo:
(2)	.Lfoo:

gcc chooses which to use based on whether the target prepends an
underscore to external symbols or not.

gas chooses which to use based on whether the output object format is
COFF or not (for the i386, at least).

DJGPP is coff with underscores, and the two don't agree on which is
right, so I end up with all the local labels in the object's symbol
table.

Which should I fix?  Is there a global solution, or will I need a
special case for djgpp?

DJ
dj@delorie.com